Lactulose/Lactose Testing | Preparation Instructions
To ensure a successful exam, please follow all instructions carefully. Please bring a list of all your current medications, including any over-the-counter medications with you. If you must reschedule or cancel your appointment, please call 503-229-1883.
- Please notify our office if you have recently been on antibiotic therapy (within the last 2 weeks), experienced runny diarrhea, or had a colonoscopy.
- 24 hours before the test do not eat the following:
- Grain products, i.e.: pasta, whole grains, high fiber cereals
- Fruits, i.e. whole fruit, fruit juice, and dried fruit
- Vegetables and vegetable juice
- Nuts, seeds, beans, and other legumes
- All daily products, except for eggs.
- Starches or any products that contain milk sugar, such as: milk, yogurt, sour cream, and ice cream.
- Avoid all products that contain corn, i.e. pastas, meat, bread, etc.
- Nothing to eat or drink 12 hours prior to test, except for water.
- Do not sleep, exercise or use any tobacco products for at least one hour prior to test, or at any time during the testing process.
- Arrive on time at the designated location with completed paperwork, photo ID, and insurance card.